This refreshing summer soup is served in the French style, with dressed arugula. Swap cream for pistachio milk to make the soup vegan.
2 large carrots, peeled and diced
2 large onions, peeled and diced
1 cup frozen peaches
4 cups cream
1 Tbsp parsley oil or lemon oil (or infused oil of your choosing)
salt and pepper, to taste
arugula, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- On an oiled pan, roast the carrots, onions, and peaches for 15 mins or until tender. Transfer to a blender and blitz on high. Slowly add cream to thin the soup.
- Strain and reserve in fridge until chilled. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To plate, garnish each bowl with a little bit of arugula (as desired) tossed in parsley oil. Pour approx. 1 cup of chilled soup into each bowl. Add remaining oil to the top.
Yields 4 servings
This signature has been on Era’s menu since day one. Malty beer batter brings out carrots’ inherent sweetness.
2 large carrots
1 bottle beer of your choice
1/2 cup flour
1 cup canola oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Water, as needed
- Peel and slice the carrots into sticks, roughly 3 inches long, 1/2 inch thick. Set aside.
- To make batter, mix the flour, salt and pepper, beer, and egg together in a large bowl. Thin the batter with water until desired consistency is reached.
- Heat canola oil in a shallow pot. Proceed to dip carrots into the batter and fry in the oil until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and season to taste.
Yields 2 servings