Chef Steven Strecker
This light as air meringue treat is a perfect summer dessert, topped with seasonal rhubarb.
4 egg whites
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup diced rhubarb
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup diced apple
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly add the sugar one tsp at a time, then the cornstarch. Beat until thick and glossy.
- Gently fold in the vanilla extract. Spoon desired size of pavlova onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for one hour at 250°F.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Reserve for garnish.
- Place apple, rhubarb, and sugar in a sauce pot and cook on low for 20 mins or until rhubarb and apple are soft and sugar is melted.
Place cooled pavlova on plate and top with chutney and whipped cream.
Yield 2 servings
Beautiful open concept space located inside the Canadian Museum for Human Rights. Under the care of Head Chef Barry Saunders and Executive Chef Steven Strecker, ingredients fresh from local farms…
Team Effort By Joelle Kidd The Canadian Museum for Human Rights holds many distinctions: it is the first national museum outside of Ottawa, as well the first museum in the…
Chef Steven Strecker Era Bistro This refreshing summer soup is served in the French style, with dressed arugula. Swap cream for pistachio milk to make the soup vegan. Ingredients 2…
Chef Steven Strecker Era Bistro Consider this your introduction to rye berries. Mixed with locally grown quinoa, these plump grains add textural pop. Add in two types of local sausage and…
Chef Steven Strecker Era Bistro Move over charcuterie: this vegan and gluten free sharing board pairs a flavourful array of preserves and pickles with baked falafels. Ingredients 1 can (approx.…