4 egg whites
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup diced rhubarb
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup diced apple
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly add the sugar one tsp at a time, then the cornstarch. Beat until thick and glossy.
- Gently fold in the vanilla extract. Spoon desired size of pavlova onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for one hour at 250°F.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Reserve for garnish.
- Place apple, rhubarb, and sugar in a sauce pot and cook on low for 20 mins or until rhubarb and apple are soft and sugar is melted.
Place cooled pavlova on plate and top with chutney and whipped cream.
Yield 2 servings