Honey chocolate truffles get an extra-velvety texture from the addition of local honey. A dusting of cocoa makes the chocolate within even sweeter.
Chef Daniel Davyduke
The VG Restaurant
1 cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup Manitoba liquid honey
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
25 chocolate sphere molds
- Place the bittersweet chocolate in a large heat-safe bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream and honey over medium heat until it starts to boil.
- Pour cream over the chocolate. Whisk to combine. Don’t whisk too quickly, or air bubbles will form.
- Once chocolate is melted, whisk in butter. Ganache should appear smooth and shiny.
- Pour ganache into chocolate shells. Toss truffles in cocoa powder and freeze until ready to serve.
Yield 25 honey chocolate truffles
Serve with honey madeleines
The elegant dining room is wrapped in the original warm wood paneling, tables are dressed in white linen, and the service is impeccable. Chef Tim Palmer wows with unique applications…
The VG Restaurant Neighbourhood: Downtown Address: 2 Lombard Place Phone: 204-957-1350 Entrées: $25-$40 For those who explored Winnipeg’s dining scene before the era of cheffy fast casual and tapas style menus, The Velvet…
Honey madeleines gain a subtle floral note from the use of local Manitoba wildflower honey. Chef Daniel Davyduke The VG Restaurant Ingredients 7 egg yolks 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar 2…
Muesli bowls deliver an exciting blend of textures for a juicy morning boost. Chef Daniel Davyduke The VG Restaurant Ingredients Bircher muesli 3 cups oats 1 cup milk 1/2 cup…
Chef Eraj Jayawickreme The Velvet Glove Bison, duck, elk, quail, partridge and venison are combined in this local version of a seasonal favourite. Ingredients Filling 1 1/2 cups chicken stock…
Chef Eraj Jayawickreme The Velvet Glove Let creativity lead the way for this piece of edible artwork making use of cold weather staple, root vegetables. Ingredients 1 yellow beet, boiled…