Honey madeleines gain a subtle floral note from the use of local Manitoba wildflower honey.
Chef Daniel Davyduke
The VG Restaurant
7 egg yolks
1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp Manitoba liquid honey
4 egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl or electric mixture, whip together egg yolks, 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar and honey until the mixture reaches the ribbon stage.
- In a separate bowl, whip together egg whites, and 1/2 cup sugar until egg whites reach the soft peak stage.
- In a third bowl, combine salt, baking powder and flour.
- Alternate folding dry ingredients and egg yolk mixture into egg whites, then fold in melted butter and vanilla.
- Pipe mixture into madeleine molds.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 325°F. If using a fan-assisted oven, use low fan setting.
Yield 40 honey madeleines
Serve with honey chocolate truffles
The elegant dining room is wrapped in the original warm wood paneling, tables are dressed in white linen, and the service is impeccable. Chef Tim Palmer wows with unique applications…
The VG Restaurant Neighbourhood: Downtown Address: 2 Lombard Place Phone: 204-957-1350 Entrées: $25-$40 For those who explored Winnipeg’s dining scene before the era of cheffy fast casual and tapas style menus, The Velvet…
Honey chocolate truffles get an extra-velvety texture from the addition of local honey. A dusting of cocoa makes the chocolate within even sweeter. Chef Daniel Davyduke The VG Restaurant Ingredients…
Muesli bowls deliver an exciting blend of textures for a juicy morning boost. Chef Daniel Davyduke The VG Restaurant Ingredients Bircher muesli 3 cups oats 1 cup milk 1/2 cup…
Chef Eraj Jayawickreme The Velvet Glove Bison, duck, elk, quail, partridge and venison are combined in this local version of a seasonal favourite. Ingredients Filling 1 1/2 cups chicken stock…
Chef Eraj Jayawickreme The Velvet Glove Let creativity lead the way for this piece of edible artwork making use of cold weather staple, root vegetables. Ingredients 1 yellow beet, boiled…