Chef Peter Long
Each bite-sized parcel releases complementary tangy, sweet, and savoury flavours.
Balsamic Maple Reduction
1/2 cup Canadian maple syrup
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 oz orange liqueur
6 slices bacon
12 Calimyrna Greek figs
12 pecan halves
1 oz Roquefort blue cheese, crumbled
1 tsp olive oil
1 oz baby spinach leaves, stems removed
1/4 tsp lemon zest
splash white wine
salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-deep skillet, warm maple syrup over medium heat for 3-4 mins.
- Add balsamic vinegar and cook over medium-high heat for 2 mins.
- Add liqueur and cook until evaporated. The consistency should be like syrup.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On a baking sheet, lay out strips of bacon. Place another pan on top of bacon and bake for 10-12 mins, until medium tenderness. Drain excess fat.
- Using a knife, remove tips and cut a slit into the fig.
- Fill figs with a pecan half and blue cheese crumbles.
- In a medium-sized sautée pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. 6. Add spinach, lemon zest, wine, and salt and pepper. Sauté for 4-5 mins until spinach wilts.
- Slice bacon lengthwise and line with spinach.
- Place the stuffed fig on top of bacon and roll away from body. Secure with toothpick centre. Let stand for 30 mins.
- Bake at 350°F for 3 mins. Remove from oven and place atop remaining spinach.
- Drizzle with maple balsamic reduction.
Yield 12 servings
This south Winnipeg favourite sets the standard for suburban-style fine dining. Heat from fireplaces add warmth within the wood-panelled interior, while soft carpet amps up the cozy factor. The wide-ranging…
Maxime's Neighbourhood: St. Vital Address: 1131 St Mary's Rd Phone: 204-257-1521 Entrees: $18-$40 Long-standing dining destinations are beloved for bucking trends and staying on a traditional course that began in…
Honey agrodolce ribs get a punchy sauce laced with aromatic rosemary and jalapeno heat. Leave the seeds in for an added kick. Chef Peter Long Maxime's Restaurant Ingredients Agrodolce sauce…
Honey raspberry field green salad is the picture of summer. Fresh raspberries and seafood are a revelatory pairing. Chef Peter Long Maxime's Restaurant Ingredients Honey raspberry vinaigrette 1 cup fresh…
Owner Antigone Bekios Maxime Restaurant Ingredients Crust 1 cup slivered almonds 2 cups graham cracker crumbs 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted Filling 8 oz fine quality white chocolate 32 oz…
Chef Gary Patson and sous chef Mac Nurse, Maxime Restaurant Asparagus is in season by mid-April. Take advantage of this fact with a simple spring salad. Ingredients Dressing 1/2 cup…
Chef Gary Patson and sous chef Mac Nurse, Maxime Restaurant This soup is tangy in its mildest rendition, and can be made hotter depending on the strength of curry used.…
Chef Gary Patson and sous chef Mac Nurse Maxime Restaurant Use fresh mangoes that offer a shot of vitamins A and C. Ingredients Parfait 2 cups cubed mango 1/4 cup…
Chef Gary Patson and sous chef Mac Nurse, Maxime Restaurant This tasty appetizer dish is meant for sharing. It will appear on Maxime’s appetizer menu at their new lounge, which…
Chef Peter Long, Maxime’s Chocolate and caramelized bananas play off the warm, burnt caramel notes of dark rum prevalent in this fluffy cake. Ingredients Cake 1 cup sugar 1 stick…