Chef Michael Day
Hermanos Restaurant & Wine Bar
2 cups coconut milk
3 Tbsp tomato paste
1 cup tomatoes, coarsely chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
2 cups cooked basmati rice
2 tbsp olive oil
2 oz chicken breast, chopped into 1″ cubes
2 oz chorizo sausage, cut into 1″ slices
2 oz red onion, roughly chopped
2 oz roasted red pepper,
2 oz salmon, cut into 1″ cubes
1 small bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
Coconut tomato rice
- In a large pot on medium high, mix together coconut milk, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
Chicken and chorizo
- In a medium-sized pan on medium high, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Add chicken and chorizo and pan fry until partially cooked.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a small cast iron skillet on medium low, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Sauté onions and pepper for about 3 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken and chorizo and cook for additional 3 minutes
- Add seafood and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add rice and top with coconut tomato sauce.
- Mix all ingredients together until sauce is distributed evenly throughout.
- Cook skillet in oven for about 20 minutes or until seafood, chicken and chorizo is cooked throughout. (Mussel shells should open. Discard any shells that don’t open.)
Chef Michael Day, Hermanos Creamy and decadent dulce de leche crêpes are a snap to prepare and make a perfect denouement to any dinner. Ingredients Dulce de Leche 1 250…
Chef Michael Day Hermanos Grill a 10 oz cut of sirloin steak to perfection for this meaty Brazilian meal. Top steak with chimichuri or dip each morsel in farofa seasoning. …
Chef Michael Day, Hermanos Loads of lime, freshly grilled corn and a punch of jalepeño and garlic brighten these bites. Serve with grilled pita chips for extra flair. INGREDIENTS 3…
Chef Michael Day, Hermanos Sweet and tangy balsamic reduction dances with the fresh, crisp and subtle notes of watermelon and cucumber. Ingredients 1 cup balsamic vinegar 1 small head butter lettuce…