Chef Michael Day,
Loads of lime, freshly grilled corn and a punch of jalepeño and garlic brighten
these bites. Serve with grilled pita chips for extra flair.
3 cobs fresh corn
1 pkg pita bread (4-6 pieces)
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
dash sea salt
2 lbs fresh pickerel, cut into bite-sized chunks
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
2 cups fresh lime juice and zest (about 10 limes)
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
2 jalepeños, diced
1. Preheat barbecue or stove-top grill on medium-high heat.
2. Husk corn and grill for 8-10 mins, turning frequently.
3. Using a knife, remove niblets from cob and set aside.
Grilled Pita Chips
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
2. Slice pita bread into bite-sized wedges and place on baking sheet.
3. Brush each wedge with oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
4. Bake in oven for 3-5 mins or until chips are crispy and slightly browned.
1. In a large bowl, combine pickerel, onion, cilantro, lime juice and zest, garlic and jalepeño.
2. Place in fridge for 1 hr and serve with pita chips.
Yield 10 servings