Chef Michael Day
Grill a 10 oz cut of sirloin steak to perfection for this meaty Brazilian meal. Top steak with chimichuri or dip each morsel in farofa seasoning.
2 large white onions, finely diced
2 red peppers, finely diced
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes in oil, finely diced
1 1/2 Tbsp garlic, minced
2 small bunches Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
2 tsp paprika
2 cups olive oil
1 cup red wine vinegar
salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups manioc flour
pinch sea salt
- In a large bowl, combine onions, peppers, tomatoes, garlic, parsley and paprika.
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine oil and vinegar.
- Cook for 3-4 mins.
- Pour oil and vinegar over vegetables and stir until dressing is distributed throughout.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large pan on medium-low heat, melt butter.
- Add flour and salt and combine.
- Toast for 3-5 mins until mixture is slightly browned.
Yield 5 servings